BUS 104 Personal Credit • 1 Cr.
Part of a series of courses that present core components of personal finance applicable to individuals and financial service workers. Focus is on the evaluation of the credit industry and its consumer products and services. Students evaluate alternate credit and loan features and explore strategies for debt management.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the costs, benefits and pitfalls of various types of credit
- Explain credit reports and credit scores, and identify how and why to improve them
- Summarize major consumer credit laws and borrower’s and lender’s rights
- Describe ways to avoid or correct debt problems
- Apply consumer skills to purchase decisions
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)