BUS 241 Multicultural Business Consulting • 5 Cr.
Students gain practical experience managing in a multi-cultural business environment. Course combines classroom learning, reading, technical skills, marketing, financial analysis, business process reengineering, and consulting to see how changes in one area affect the growth of the company as a whole. Same as CES 241. Either BUS 241 or CES 241 may be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: Recommended 30 prior college business credits.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Classify & categorize management
- Describe the four basic management functions: planning, organizing, leading & controlling
- Distinguish the functions of different levels of management.
- Evaluate the different styles of leadership.
- Articulate the benefits of total quality management.
- Summarize how corporate culture, entrepreneurship, committees, coordination techniques, teamwork, informal group, and the grapevine affect an organization.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)