BUS 248 Insurance Codes and Ethics • 2 Cr.
Designed for insurance majors. Addresses ethical behavior and considerations one must support in order to succeed in business, specifically in the insurance industry. Includes the Washington State Code and a series of case studies regarding ethical behavior in the field of insurance. Prerequisite: BUS 141 equivalent experience recommended.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define ethics in a general business context
- Explain ethics behavior as it relates to the Insurance industry
- Compare ethical behaviors among several corporations
- Describe the legal framework of insurance organizations
- Explain the state and federal roles in insurance regulation
- Describe the characteristics/requirements of a professional insurance employee
- Illustrate examples of professional behavior