BUSIT 101 Effective Decision Making • 3 Cr.
Introduction to the development of systems designed to capture relevant data from all segments of an enterprise, to organize the data into a coherent structure and provide the means to analyze the data in order to make rational decisions.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the role of Business Intelligence solutions in an organization
- Describe the procedure for modeling business process using dimensional modeling techniques
- Compare and contrast the Extract, Clean, Conform and Deliver processes involved in Data Warehousing
- Define the objects associated with an On Line Analytical Processing system
- Compare and contrast report design alternatives including the use of graphical representations of data
- Discriminate between alternative data mining algorithms for use in predictive analysis