BUSIT 150 Introduction to Business Analysis • 5 Cr.
This course introduces business analysis and business analysis areas of knowledge based upon the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge. Students learn business analysis terminology and the structure of business analysis tasks. Prerequisite: ENGL& 235, BUS& 101, and CMST 250.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the role of a business analyst in an organization
- Describe different types of tasks that a business analyst performs
- Define common business analysis terms
- Identify appropriate business analysis tasks for a variety of organizational scenarios
- Document the results of various business analysis tasks using generally acceptable approaches
- Communicate within a small group using appropriate business analysis terminology
- Develop and present the business case for an undertaking described in a relevant case study