BUSIT 205 Multi Dimensional Analysis • 5 Cr.
Concepts and techniques used in BUSIT 105 are expanded upon to create advanced, business-oriented solutions with multi-dimensional databases. Students learn the MDX language for querying multi-dimensional databases. Prerequisite: BUSIT 105 with a C- or better and PROG 140 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop MDX queries to extract data from multi-dimensional databases
- Develop MDX expressions to create calculated measures
- Develop MDX expressions to create Key Performance Indicators
- Create multi-dimensional databases with advanced features
- Describe how aggregations are stored in multi-dimensional databases
- Describe the physical storage options for multi-dimensional databases
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)