CES 205 Cultural Studies • 5 Cr.
What (and who) makes culture in America? Study some of the most important thrusts in Cultural Studies, and trace the history of Cultural Studies as a field. Themes may include the development of cultural studies, high/low brow culture, and analyses of art, film, media, and network societies.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate a general knowledge and comprehension of the area of Television Studies through the field of Cultural Studies.
- 2. Demonstrate their comprehension and utilization of some of the basic tools of "doing culture."
- 3. Demonstrate a general understanding of the history of Cultural Studies.
- 4. Show their critical understanding of the field of Cultural Studies, its history and its future, including the understanding of a Cultural Sociological approach to inquiries regarding the impact of our private and public lives.