CES 241 Multicultural Business Consulting • 5 Cr.
Students gain practical experience managing in a multi-cultural business environment. Course combines classroom learning, reading, technical skills, marketing, financial analysis, business process reengineering, and consulting to see how changes in one area affect the growth of the company as a whole. Same as BUS 241. Either CES 241 or BUS 241 may be taken for credit, not both. Recommended: 30 prior college business credits. Previously ETHN 241.
Description starting Summer 2015
Course combines classroom based theory with practicum experience. Students apply skills in marketing, financial analysis, business process analysis, consulting, and multicultural business management in working with a real business or nonprofit. Includes practical experience in consulting and managing in a multicultural environment, and opportunities to link classroom learning to a wide array of business disciplines to see how changes in one area affect the growth of the company as a whole. The same as BUS 241. Either CES 241 or BUS 241 may be taken for credit, not both. Recommended: 30 prior college business credits.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Work in a diverse team with a mentor and business using teaming, project management and consulting skills.
- Create a marketing plan (if appropriate for business) using multicultural segmentation, branding, sales, customer relationship management and elements of the marketing mix.
- Conduct market, internal, and competitive research such as a customer survey, employee survey, indepth interview, focus group, or ethnographic analysis.
- Conduct a business process analysis (if appropriate) of the business.
- Execute financial projections on recommendations.
- Present findings and recommendations to the business in oral presentation and written report.