CES 241 Multicultural Business Consulting • 5 Cr.
Students gain practical experience managing in a multi-cultural business environment. Course combines classroom learning, reading, technical skills, marketing, financial analysis, business process reengineering, and consulting to see how changes in one area affect the growth of the company as a whole. Same as BUS 241. Either CES 241 or BUS 241 may be taken for credit, not both. Recommended: 30 prior college business credits. Previously ETHN 241.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Team with peers, business owners, and industry advisors.
- Do secondary and primary research on a market.
- Create a project management plan and control the project using software.
- Communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Product financial analysis relevant to the business problem.
- Demonstrate process analysis.
- Create a business website with effective branding.
- Demonstrate divergent thinking and critical analysis in approaching a business problem.
- Make an effective oral presentation.
- Complete a business report that communicates analysis and action plan.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)