CES 241 Multicultural Business Consulting • 5 Cr.
Course combines classroom based theory with practicum experience. Students apply skills in marketing, financial analysis, business process analysis, consulting, and multicultural business management in working with a real business or nonprofit. Includes practical experience in consulting and managing in a multicultural environment, and opportunities to link classroom learning to a wide array of business disciplines to see how changes in one area affect the growth of the company as a whole. The same as BUS 241. Either CES 241 or BUS 241 may be taken for credit, not both. Recommended: 30 prior college business credits.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Work in a diverse team with a mentor and business using teaming, project management and consulting skills.
- Create a marketing plan (if appropriate for business) using multicultural segmentation, branding, sales, customer relationship management and elements of the marketing mix.
- Conduct market, internal, and competitive research such as a customer survey, employee survey, indepth interview, focus group, or ethnographic analysis.
- Conduct a business process analysis (if appropriate) of the business.
- Execute financial projections on recommendations.
- Present findings and recommendations to the business in oral presentation and written report.
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)