CMST 144 Print and Online Media • 3 Cr.
Presents the basics of newspaper, magazine and online media design strategies. Topics include page makeup, assignment planning and picture editing. Requires additional lab time outside of class. Prerequisite: CMST 141 or ENGL& 101 or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Practice and create the various types of design and layout for various mediums.
- Discuss the elements of design and layout using the proper terminology.
- Explain the value and impact of photojournalism.
- Describe the role design and layout play in readership.
- Recognize, critique and evaluate professional design.