CMST 145 Advertising • 3 Cr.
Covers audience, market research, effective messaging and design. Students gain practical experience working on advertising campaigns on campus for the newspaper and other entities.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Design and create professional quality advertising for various campus organizations and events
- Use appropriate advertising and journalism terminology
- Explain the value and impact of advertising for a particular audience
- Describe the advertising and business components of publications and ad campaigns
- Critique and evaluate professional advertisements and PSAs