CMST 261 Radio News Broadcasting • 5 Cr.
Covers writing, editing, producing, and delivering news for radio. Prerequisite: CMST 141 and CMST 161 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and use actuality, voicer, and wrap-in with in-class projects.
- Write, rewrite and edit news stories for broadcast.
- Produce a three-to-five minute newscast employing writing and production skills.
- Produce features using field recording devices, writing skills, and in-studio production skills.
- Create resume script.
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)