DANCE 202 Dance Ensemble II • V1-5 Cr.
Continues DANCE 201, with emphasis on rehearsing for specific dance works. Students with appropriate experience and ability get an introduction to choreography. Course may be repeated for a maximum of 15 credits. Prerequisite: DANCE 201 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Exhibit a high level of commitment by attending classes, auditions and rehearsals in preparation for company performances
- Exhibit professionalism in rehearsals while working with professional guest artists
- Use intermediate/advanced contemporary and jazz technique, exhibiting principles of proper alignment, phrasing, dynamics and vocabulary while learning choreography
- Perform a variety of choreographic works with confidence, precision, dynamics, phrasing and style
- Display artistic expression through movement by using focus, projection and stage presence during rehearsals and performances
- Use dance habits of mind, proper dance etiquette and professionalism while working as an ensemble in classes, rehearsals and performances (as outlined in the syllabus)