DEVED 020 Job Preparedness • V1-8 Cr.
No class description found. Please report this via the feedback link to the right of this website.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Give and respond to spoken and written directions/instructions.
- Make and answer telephone calls and record oral information correctly.
- State job skills and experience in a mock or real interview situation.
- Respond appropriately to common interview questions.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of body language and gestures during greetings, leave-taking and interviews.
- Extract information form job-related documents (e.g., time card, work schedule, job advertisements, etc.)
- Identify appropriate job opportunities related to the individual’s skill and experience by using a variety of sources.
- Complete job related forms (e.g., W-4, time card, job application, etc.).
- Write a resume, cover letter, and/or thank you letter that is organized clearly, contains few or no grammatical, mechanical, or spelling errors, and is legible in a business-style format.
- Use word processing program to produce documents such as resumes and cover letters.
- Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in groups.