DMA 140 Gaming Theory • 5 Cr.
Students will analyze game design, game play and the role of the design document in the game development process. Activities include planning, design and industry-standard documentation of a concept, menu, level and campaign for a game. Suggested for game design or animation students or those interested in related careers.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify different game genres and key elements of video game history.
- Critically analyze the design of a game.
- Describe and construct a game design document.
- Plan, design, and document a concept for a video game.
- Plan, design, and document a menu for a video game.
- Plan, design, and document a video game level.
- Plan, design, and document a campaign for a video game.