DMA 155 Digital Editing • 5 Cr.
Course introduces digital non-linear editing software and its use in post-production in digital media creation. Topics include editing and outputting of video and interactive media content for a variety of delivery platforms. Prerequisite: DMA 108 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use non-linear editing software for editing video and audio.
- Manipulate compression settings to achieve a target file size.
- Describe the differences and uses of delivery formats such as MP4 and data DVD.
- Tell a story using provided audio sound bites and b-roll.
- Apply basic editing skills for narrative storytelling.