DMA 259 Video Production II • 5 Cr.
Presents production techniques for a variety of video applications, including theatrical, news gathering, informational, and documentary-style productions. Students focus on pre-production planning and executing excellence in their production and post-production processes. Prerequisite: DMA 255 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission. Recommended: DMA 258.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use pre-production planning for efficient video production.
- Explain the basic formats and processes used to create documentaries and public service announcements.
- Describe the attributes of effective b-roll and successful shoot such footage.
- Use audio tools to balance and enhance audio tracks for a video production.
- Use editing tools to accomplish requested outcomes.
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)