DMA 292 Internship in Digital Media Arts • 5 Cr.
After securing an internship placement, students gain practical experience within a media production environment while setting learning goals and reflecting on their experience and work readiness. In special circumstances, projects may be approved for groups who are working with an approved client. Instructor permission required. Recommended: DMA 201 and 290.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- • Identify viable career connections and act upon them
- • Describe a working media production environment
- • Articulate self-defined learning objectives
- • Describe obstacles to success and methods to overcome obstacles
- • Identify the benefits of professional networking
- • Describe their work-readiness and, if deemed insufficient, craft a plan to address shortcomings