DOSM 402 Clinical Education II • 8 Cr.
Supervised clinical education in medical dosimetry that progresses through a competency-based educational sequence. Course totals 264 hours. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the principles of radiation protection to clinical practice.
- Apply safe, ethical, and legal practices.
- Import MRI and PET images into the treatment planning system (TPS).
- Apply registration and fusion techniques to image data sets.
- Create expansions and contractions of structures using automatic tools.
- Construct 3D conformal beam arrangements.
- Design field shaping using automatic field margins
- Identify appropriate placement of calculation points in treatment plan.
- Perform dose calculation.
- Evaluate a computerized treatment plan against achievement of the planning directive.
- Compare multiple plans against the planning directive using plan comparison tools.
- Develop and analyzes a 3D conformal treatment plan.
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)