DOSM 405 Clinical Education V • 8 Cr.
Supervised clinical education in medical dosimetry that progresses through a competency-based educational sequence. Course totals 264 hours. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the principles of radiation protection to clinical practice.
- Apply safe, ethical, and legal practices.
- Assume primary role interacting with the radiation oncologist and Medical Physicist for all treatment planning activities.
- Practice creating and evaluating complex Special casework treatment plans.
- Evaluate Special casework treatment plans against achievement of the planning directive.
- Assume primary role in development of set-up, plan verification, importation of plan into the record and verify system, and discussions of plan with radiation oncology staff.
- Develop and analyze a chest wall treatment plan utilizing the reverse hockey stick planning technique.
- Develop and analyze a complex composite treatment plan incorporating previously treated radiation fields and current treatment fields.
- Develop and analyze a complex treatment plan demonstrating abutting treatment fields.
- Develop and analyze a Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) treatment plan.
- Develop and analyze a 4D treatment plan
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)