DRMA& 101 INTRO TO THE THEATRE • 5 Cr.
Explores the theatre experience from a variety of perspectives, including the audience, the playwright, the actor, the designer, and the director. Attendance required at one on campus performance.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the relationship between culture and theatre.
- Identify the parts of a theatrical production to become a more critical audience member.
- Analyze the script, directorial concept, design elements, and acting styles of a variety of plays.
- Describe the process in which a play goes from "page to stage," becoming a fully produced organism.
- As an audience member, or a professional or an amateur theatre artist evaluate theatre as a potential lifelong interest.
- Analyze the objectives of theatre including education, entertainment and enlightenment.
- Participate effectively in the collaborative process of theatrical presentation.
- Critically evaluate a live play using the skills and tools of the playwright.