DRMA 153 Basic Acting Scene Study • 5 Cr.
Emphasizes interpretation of the text through work on scenes and monologues. Students work with scene partners, develop a character and explore the scenes using textural analysis to find objectives and obstacles for performance.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Utilized warm ups as a preparation for scene study.
- Create a character physically.
- Know how to research the background for a character.
- Explore and perform a scene using beats, objective, and obstacles.
- Understand the rehearsal process for a play.