DRMA 155 Improvisation • 3 Cr.
Games, exercise and warm ups are used to build the skills needed in individual and group improvisations. Practical application emphasizes team building and the basic structure and format of a comic sketch.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of warm ups for rehearsal, performance, presentation and group building.
- 2. Identify and perform the various forms of improv.
- 3. Analyze the steps of creation of an improv piece and sketch comedy routine.
- 4. Analyze the steps necessary to build a group that will improvise together.
- 5. Present a short solo improvised routine with confidence.
- 6. Assess the importance of listening, giving and "just saying yes" while in duo or group improv
- 7. Demonstrate how contemporary culture and politocs can be used to generate sketch comedy.
- 8. Apply the above to a short group improvised scene.