DRMA 254 Musical Theatre Scene Study • 3 Cr.
Continues skill building in the art and craft of acting in musical theatre. Practical application of singing and acting to perform scenes, songs, and duets from musical theatre are highlighted. Duets and through sung scene work will be highlighter. Prerequisite: DRMA 154 or permission of instructor. Recommended: DRMA 251.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of warms ups for rehearsal and performance.
- 2. Maintain concentration while singing and acting and moving onstage.
- 3. Identify a character's objective and obstacle in a musical, a musical scene and a song.
- 4. Identify and use the music, lyric, and speech of a character, and know how each impacts the other.
- 5. Pursue objective and intent equally while singing and acting in both song and speech.
- 6. Present a musical scene that is theatrically truthful and musically sound.