DUTEC 107 Human Cross-Sectional Anatomy • 7 Cr.
Covers the human anatomy from the cross-sectional perspective in longitudinal, transverse, coronal, and oblique planes. Students analyze correlations with clinical diagnostic imaging techniques. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify normal human anatomy
- Identify human anatomy represented in a variety of orthogonal planes
- Illustrate anatomical structures with correct spatial relationships
- Articulate terminology related to cross-sectional anatomy
- Describe the human body as an integrated system
- Recognize anatomical structures as displayed by various diagnostic imaging methods
- Perform live scanning using ultrasound protocolsPractice live scanning and using virtual simulation scanning in a laboratory experience
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)