DUTEC 110 Abdominal Scanning and Techniques • 5 Cr.
Presents basic concepts and terminology, as well as scanning protocols for the ultrasound examination of the abdomen. Topics include both normal and pathological states. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify normal anatomy and conditions in sagittal, coronal, and transverse planes.
- Describe the sonographic characteristics of pathological conditions in the abdomen.
- Utilize scanning techniques for abdominal protocols.
- Perform CPR through certification and training.
- Describe the measures that need to be taken in order to maintain adequate infection control in the medical environment by following universal precautions.
- Assess whether ultrasound is their best career choice by observing a hospital or clinic each week, preparing for clinical internship.
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)