DUTEC 171 Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation II • 3 Cr.
Continues DUTEC 170. Topics include Doppler effect, Doppler techniques, acoustic power, fluid dynamics, and quality assurance procedures. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of program chair. Fee: $109 equipment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Doppler effect and its application in diagnostic medical sonography.
- Optimize Doppler information displayed on the monitor from the patient/client being studied.
- Identify the basic components of the circulatory system.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of hemodynamics regarding flow parameters.
- Identify and describe the information obtained in a spectral analysis and identify underlying hemodynamic conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of artifacts encountered with the use of Doppler ultrasound.
- Demonstrate a basic undertanding of bioeffects associated with the use of Doppler ultrasound and safety steps that need to be followed clinically.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)