EDUC& 205 Introduction to Education with Field Experience • 5 Cr.
Details the history, development, purposes, and processes of education. Students examine the teaching-learning process. Format includes lecture, discussion, and lab.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss and analyze the major trends, philosophies and psychologies of education.
- Develop a personal philosophy of education tied to major movements of thought in the field.
- Identify the roles, responsibilities and ethical expectations of teachers of children in school settings.
- Explain how major social, cultural, economic, and political forces have impacted and continue to impact education.
- Describe the diversity found in student populations, such as culture, race, ability, gender, language, sexual orientation, religion, community and economic class.
- Identify, demonstrate and evaluate teaching strategies and methods that accommodate diverse students within a classroom.
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of educators and the personal and professional qualities of successful teachers.
- Winter 2018 (current quarter)