ELIUP 034 Speaking & Listening I • 5 Cr.
Students learn and practice using grammatical language in everyday situations, give and follow directions, ask for clarification, and apply appropriate vocabulary. Minimal pairs, intonation patterns and present and past tense verb endings are emphasized. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Ask and answer simple questions
- Use level 1 grammar and vocabulary
- Fix a misunderstanding Hear and say correct vowel and consonant sounds
- Hear and say correct intonation in statements and questions
- Understand a speaker’s main idea