ELIUP 041 Writing Level II • 4.5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2018
Writing Level II • 5 Cr.
Students learn and practice more difficult sentence structures, verb tenses, modals, comparatives, adverbs of manner, and the usage of determiners and modifiers with nouns. Writing instruction emphasizes organization, transitions, examples and details, and topic sentences. Students begin to develop paragraphs. Course is linked with ELIUP 042. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use correct Level 2 grammar.
- Write simple and compound sentences.
- Write a well-organized paragraph.
- Write clear topic sentences and conclusions.
- Write a basic paragraph in class in 45 minutes Use correct punctuation in sentences.
- Proofread and edit written work Join simple sentences with and, or, but, so.