ELIUP 052 GRAMMAR LEVEL III • 4.5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2018
GRAMMAR LEVEL III • 5 Cr.
Students master control of basic verb tenses in increasingly advanced intermediate level sentences and situations. They identify and produce accurate compound and complex sentences using passive, pronouns, and modals. Course is linked with ELIUP 051. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use the passive voice.
- Identify and use passive modals.
- Review personal pronouns (I me my mine), and learn demonstrative and reflexive pronouns.
- Write compound sentences with coordinating conjunctions and sentence connectors.
- Write complex sentences with adverb clauses of time and cause.
- Use the simple, progressive, and perfect tenses.
- Recognize the perfect progressive tenses.