ELIUP 065 Advanced Grammar • 4.5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2018
Advanced Grammar • 5 Cr.
Students learn and practice advanced grammar constructions in both oral and written communication. Emphasis is on self-correction and practice with authentic language. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Write and edit nearly error-free sentences.
- Use modals, parallelism, conditionals, determiners, collocations, quotations, and all verb tenses.
- Combine independent and dependent clauses.
- Understand explanations in writing and grammar handbooks.
- Recognize common correction symbols.