ELIUP 067 English Through Film • 5 Cr.
Students increase their communication skills by viewing, discussing and thinking critically about films. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand the story from images, words, and other sounds
- Explain setting, plot, and themes.
- Use film vocabulary in class and life.
- Say and support opinions.
- Explain how style (music, mood, symbols, foreshadowing) affect a viewer’s response.
- Explain personal values and respect others’ opinions.