ELIUP 068 Pronunciation & Accent Reduction • 4.5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2018
Pronunciation & Accent Reduction • 5 Cr.
Students learn and practice specific difficult sounds, proper mouth position, stress, intonation, and rhythm, and how to assess and improve their own pronunciation. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain and say American English sounds and clusters.
- Explain and say minimal pairs.
- Explain and say sentence stress and intonation.
- Explain key differences between your first language and American English, and reduce these differences
- Evaluate and modify your accent.