ELIUP 073 Read & React V • 4.5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2018
Read & React V • 5 Cr.
Emphasis is on authentic material at a high level. Students read, interpret, evaluate, and discuss adult/college level fiction or non-fiction. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Read and analyze authentic college-level fiction and non-fiction readings.
- Respond appropriately to questions about readings.
- Express opinions about readings using reasons and evidence.
- Summarize, paraphrase and synthesize ideas in a reading.
- Recognize personal values and acknowledge perspectives of others.
- Find and evaluate materials in the library and on-line.
- Cite sources using MLA format.