ENGL 215 Myth Folktale & Legend • 5 Cr.
Examines traditional stories from different cultures. Students discuss common motifs and styles, relationships between cultural perspectives, and theories concerning origins and significance. Recommended: ENGL& 101 or ENGL 201, or a literature course in the 100 series.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Conventions of the genre
- Historical development of the genre
- Audience expectations of the genre
- Development of subgenres
- Formal analysis of the genre
- Cultural analysis of the genre
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)