ENGR 200 Computer-Aided Drafting I • 3 Cr.
Introduces the fundamentals of drawing with a computer-aided drafting software system. Drawing and editing commands are used to create and revise a variety of drawings. Topics include CAD systems, advantages, applications, and operational skills. Prerequisite: ENGR& 114 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create solid part models using gears and surfacing operations.
- Implement thread and tolerance details.
- Create parts using sheet metal and weldment models.
- Properly set up an engineering simulation and interpret results.
- Identify the general components of Computer Numerical Controlled machining tools.
- Create Numerical Control code to machine part geometry.