FRCH 231 Language & Culture Immersion-Basic 2nd Yr French • 5 Cr.
Gives a student with a general understanding of spoken and written functional language (intermediaire) the opportunity to expand and perfect their oral and written command of intermediate French in daily situations. Students.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- show in writing & speech improved ability to relate, argue, compare, convince;
- use specific vocabulary to describe in more detail;
- make hypotheses, express desires, give orders and quantities;
- express opinions, cause and effect;
- use synonyms/antonyms, all personal pronouns, the passive;
- make socio-cultural observations on French life & history, or note differences with American culture;
- listen to songs, oral texts; read extracts of longer texts;
- take dictation, write resumes of short texts, use internet for research, discuss film & video, etc.
- as demonstrated by submitting a portfolio to BCC for final evaluation which will include:
- a journal, written in French, of all activities on a daily, bi-weekly, or other regular basis;
- a notebook of daily class activities including periodic evaluation results and written work;
- verification of attendance and final evaluation of host institution, submitted separately to BCC by approved host institution;
- results of exit interview conducted in French by BCC instructor.