FS 115 Advanced Firefighting • 2.5 Cr.
Completes the basic skills training series. Topics include fire cause, foam agents, multi-company operations, and fundamentals of fire education and public relations.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- The student will learn the role of the first responding firefighter in identifying and preserving evidence regarding fire cause. The student will be able to describe typical signs of common accidental fire causes and those of suspicious origin.
- The student will be able to describe the theory of chain-of -evidence and it's importance in suspicious fire situations.
- The student will be able to demonstrate placing a line portioner in service for producing fire extinguishing foam at a flammable liquid fire.
- The student will describe foam concentrate, foam solution and finished foam as it applies to firefighting foam. The student will describe when reapplication of foam is necessary for personnel safety.
- The student will learn the importance of educating the public on issues of fire safety. The student will demonstrate now to develop a community public education campaign for fire prevention week.
- The student will describe the importance of public relations and public trust to the fire service.