GEOG 205 Weather Climate Vegetation Soils • 5 Cr.
Investigates the dynamic patterns and processes of weather, climates, vegetation, and soils. Attention is given to the human significance of different natural, as well as human-altered environments. Fulfills natural science course requirement at BC.
Fulfills natural science course requirement at BC.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Evaluate the inter-relatedness of weather phenomena, the importance of energy movements, and the seasonal differentiation in weather patterns.
- • Analyze the relationships inherent within global atmospheric and oceanic circulation and the earth’s radiation energy budget.
- • Assess the importance of climate on the distribution of global systems of vegetation and the dynamic nature of ecosystems at a variety of scales of inquiry.
- • Assess the impact of climate change on the global economic resource base and the impact on humankind.
- • Evaluate the various attempts made to classify global climate and the causes and consequences of global warming.
- • Critically evaluate the role played by weather and climate in the framing of cultural attributes.