HCTM 475 Healthcare IT Field Studies • 5 Cr.
Provides students with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the healthcare environment through industry internship, practicum or series of field trips. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Demonstrate professional behavior in healthcare informatics or healthcare management work setting.
- • Describe components of ethical practice in a healthcare work environment.
- • Document activities and experiences in healthcare informatics or healthcare management work setting.
- • Present proposed individual career pathway.
- • Apply concepts learned throughout courses taken to real world workplace situations.
- • Engage in professional activities as directed by field studies site and/or professional mentor.
- • Defend decisions related to content and format of professional portfolio.