HD 112 SELECTING COLLEGE MAJOR • 2 Cr.
Students select a college major through an orderly, rational approach. Topics include exploring self, making commitments, implementing decisions and possible majors using on-line research as well as small group discussion. Prerequisite: Recommended 30 college credits.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explore the connection between college learning and the world of work through assessment of personality type, interests, and identificationof skills, abilities and values.
- Learn about decision-making style and the integral role it plays influencing how you sort through options, and make changes in your life.
- Identify general areas of college studies, undergraduate academic majors, and how majors relate to interest areas.
- Develop an understanding of how these interest areas are related to occupations.
- Develop the tools to decide on a academic major that will assist in setting realistic goals, and developing a plan for putting goals into action.