HD 196 Special Topics in Human Development • V1-10 Cr.
- Student Services
Covers supplementary, self-supporting, or televised courses. Topics are announced in the class schedule.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand strategic planning and the role of scenario planning in the strategic planning process.
- Facilitate a scenario planning project.
- Select an appropriate focal question for a scenario planning project.
- Explain uncertainties; understand how to identify and prioritize them, and how to place into a strategic planning context.
- Write a scenario planning narrative, along with “people” profiles for each scenario.
- Track trends related to future business outcomes.
- Identify implications for businesses developing and using scenarios.
- Identify thought leadership topics for a business or market.
- Read and contribute to the development of a forecast map.
- Manage stakeholders and project team member expectations and activities in order to drive effective project outcomes.