HD 215 Stratigic Leadership Listening to the Future • 2 Cr.
- Student Services
Leaders create alternative futures for a hypothetical industry case. Covers the analysis of uncertainties and the influence of social, technological, economic, environmental and economic forces leading to a set of scenarios applicable to risk evaluation & competitive positioning, contingency planning and thought leadership.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Select an appropriate focal question for a scenario planning project
- Explain uncertainties; understand how to identify and prioritize them, and how to place into a strategic planning context
- Write a scenario planning narrative, along with “people” profiles for each scenario
- Track trends related to future business outcomes
- Identify implications for businesses developing and using scenarios