HPRO 118 Nursing Assistant Clinical Practicum • 2 Cr.
Supervised clinical instruction in both long term care and acute care settings. Prerequisite: HPRO 117 or permission of instructor. Students may be concurrently enrolled in HPRO 117.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use principles of infection control.
- Recognize and report normal and abnormal assessment data.
- Use communication techniques that facilitate interactions among client, family, and health care team.
- Accurately record pertinent data such as vital signs and weights according to agency policies.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment for the client or resident.
- Use correct techniques in performance of 22 specific skills required for certification examination.