HPRO 130 Human Relations in Healthcare Settings • 4 Cr.
Includes interpersonal communication with patients, their families, and co-workers, listening skills, cultural competencies, and maintaining customer satisfaction in health care settings.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss his/her own self-perceptions
- Listen more actively and effectively
- Communicate respectfully with customers, patients, and their families
- Use age-specific language as appropriate with patients and family members
- Practice responsible and confidential communications as required in health care practice
- Communicate more effectively with coworkers and other health care professionals
- Work more effectively in team environments
- Use appropriate conflict management techniques with co-workers
- Use appropriate nonverbal communications
- Recognize the role that culture plays in his/her own practices and perceptions
- Identify the presence of cultural influences in patients and their families
- Access resources as needed for personal cultural competency and for assisting patients