IMAGE 102 Imaging Aide Fundamentals • 2 Cr.
Presents skills and scope of practice of the Imaging Aide. Designed as an overview of hospital and clinic organization in relation to the radiology industry. Emphasis is directed toward patient flow within the system, information systems utilized, and specific patient and exam information included in diagnostic imaging. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the general structure of a typical hospital and associated clinics
- Explain the functions of the departments within a hospital and clinics
- Identify professions associated with hospital departments and clinics
- Identify the tasks an Imaging Aide performs which aid patients, radiologic technologists, and radiologists
- Explain and demonstrate the Imaging Aide’s patient-centered activities including patient identification, transport, and instructions
- Describe the diagnostic imaging procedure order and explain the purpose of the diagnostic imaging procedure order
- Recognize the diagnostic and procedural codes used to describe diagnostic imaging procedures for billing purposes
- Explain the importance of using correct diagnostic and procedural codes
- Describe the process of retrieving diagnostic imaging test results using the computer