INDES 185 Practicum in Interior Design • 3 Cr.
Provides practical experience in either residential or commercial interior design. Students apply knowledge and skills learned in classes as they work in settings relevant to their future employment plans. Course graded pass/fail. Prerequisite: INDES 170 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify key personal goals and choose an employment setting that is compatible with those goals
- Develop, reinforce, and apply skills that have been learned in Interior Design classes
- Complete a time log documenting the practicum work done and the corresponding time spent on jobs or projects
- Analyze, through a written self-evaluation, the results of the Practicum experience (e.g. Did the student learn what he/she thought he/she would?)
- Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the practicum employer