INDES 485 Practicum in Interior Design • 3 Cr.
Offers students additional work-study experience relevant to future employment plans in interior design. Students must complete all requirements during the quarter in which they enroll, or no later than the end of the following quarter, excluding summer. Either INDES 285 or INDES 485 may be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Articulate key personal goals as they relate to the interior design profession and assess and make a selection from employment settings in the context of these goals.
- Develop and document goals for the practicum along with assessment criteria.
- Develop, reinforce, apply and integrate skills that have been learned throughout the Interior Design program.
- Complete a detailed log documenting the practicum work done and the corresponding time spent on jobs or projects.
- Analyze, through a written self-evaluation, the results of the Practicum experience (e.g. Did the student learn what he/she thought he/she would?) and reflect on the effectiveness of the practicum setting selection, prior preparation, accomplished work, relation and communication with industry colleagues and supervisor, and lessons learned.
- Translate your practicum experience into career goals for your future profession in interior design.
- Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the practicum employer