INDES 485 Practicum in Interior Design • 3 Cr.
Offers additional work study experience relevant to a students' future employment plans in interior design. Either INDES 285 or INDES 485 may be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- ? Articulate key personal goals as they relate to the interior design profession and assess and make a selection from employment settings in the context of these goals
- ? Develop and document goals for the practicum along with assessment criteria
- ? Develop, reinforce, apply and integrate skills that have been learned throughout the Interior Design program
- ? Complete a detailed log documenting the practicum work done and the corresponding time spent on jobs or projects
- ? Analyze, through a written self-evaluation, the results of the Practicum experience (e.g. Did the student learn what he/she thought he/she would?) and reflect on the effectiveness of the practicum setting selection, prior preparation, accomplished work, relation and communication with industry colleagues and supervisor, and lessons learned.
- ? Translate your practicum experience into career goals for your future profession in interior design
- ? Receive a satisfactory performance evaluation from the practicum employer