ISIT 332 Data Warehousing • 5 Cr.
Students learn concepts and techniques associated with development of a data warehouse. They learn how to prepare data for consolidation and exchange. Students learn to apply Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) principles and they use current ETL tools. Students practice coding techniques for extracting, cleaning and conforming data. Prerequisite: ISIT 330.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the role of Data Warehousing in an organization
- Plan the activities comprising a data warehousing project
- Analyze the role of Master Data Management
- Plan for the extraction of data from heterogeneous data sources
- Plan for the consolidation of heterogeneous data into a data warehouse
- Using current software tools, create software components for the extraction of various types of data from a variety of data sources
- Using current software tools, create software components to appropriately clean, conform and load organizational data
- Using current programming languages, write code to appropriately clean, conform and load organizational data
- Analyze the tasks involved in managing an ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) environment
- Spring 2014 (current quarter)