ISIT 334 Data Visualization Tools & Techniques • 5 Cr.
This course introduces the theory and concepts related to effective display of data with a focus on quantitative data. Students learn the principles of preparing effective visualizations and the tools to create such visualizations. Students use analytic tools to create visualizations. Prerequisite: ISIT 330 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a variety of data visualization techniques and their applicability to various scenarios
- Analyze the characteristics of an effective data visualization
- Select an appropriate visualization technique for a data analysis scenario
- Create an appropriate interactive visualization for a data analysis scenario using software tools
- Analyze the capabilities of data visualization software including analytic software, reporting software and spreadsheet software
- Create a variety of data visualizations using analytic tools
- Create a variety of data visualizations using reporting tools